Chaos Duel Academy
CDA have merged with this academy NDA (new dawn academy)

link:http://newdawnacademy.forumotion.net/forum

join it!!

~gkamal
Chaos Duel Academy
CDA have merged with this academy NDA (new dawn academy)

link:http://newdawnacademy.forumotion.net/forum

join it!!

~gkamal
Chaos Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I Love You Baby Midi
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:45 pm by 

» I need a test
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:57 pm by mexicanohhs

» Introduction
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:19 am by 6yamikazi9

» shade44380 test
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:20 pm by HermesJr

» DSK's Testing Office
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:17 am by redbubba9

» wh0_ar3_y0u's Deck Shop
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:47 am by jtp1000

» pleased to meet u From: phantom-Kaon
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:47 pm by phantom-Kaon

» gkamal office
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:29 pm by TCML

» Mateo2796: Deck Test
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:05 am by Mateo2796

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
CDA Hamachi Networks
CDA's Testing Net Pass:cda
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
CDA Hamachi Networks
CDA's Testing Net Pass:cda
Affiliates

Affiliates

sidebar

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck

Go down 
AuthorMessage

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck Empty
PostSubject: It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck   It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi guys, it's been a while since I did this sort of stuff, so bear with me. Today I will introduce a deck that some people underestimate far too much. It's a deck that can get 2 or more easily while disrupting opponent's strategies without major disruption to it's own flow. Not to mention the artworks for some of this deck's cards are BADASS! Sounds like the perfect deck right? Well, it's not far from it. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you WORMS!

I.Main Cards

The first thing you should keep in mind is that Worms work in a single way: control. You go any other way and you are 70% bound to go wrong. These guys just love to shut you down and beat you up slowly but surely. Keeping that in mind, I guess I should jump right into the first combo:

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-WormXexHA03-EN-SR-1E
It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-WormYaganHA03-EN-SR-1E

The 1 from these cards is more than obvious I suppose, Summon Xex, mill Yagan, summon Yagan. The REALLY cool part comes right now. Yagan can't be negated by Royal Oppression or Solemn Warning. Well, it can, but the opponent would be really stupid to do that, since it doesn't technically leave the graveyard until it's successfully summoned, meaning it can keep reactivating until it leaves the graveyard. Also note that its effect isn't a FLIP effect, but a "When this card is flipped face-up" effect, just like Snowman Eater. See where I'm going? The opponent can't use Nobleman of Crossout on this card as much as he would like, because at best it becomes a 1 for 1 card, but even then you are not sure because of the ace card of this deck, a card I will cover later on in this guide. For now, let's just stare in awe at the awesomeness of these two guys. Oh also notice the fact that they share the same land, Xex being in the background of Yagan and viceversa.

Another great Worm card is:

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-WormCartarosHA01-EN-SR-LE

Another self explanatory card. This isn't as pro as the two mentioned above, but it has the advantage of searching EITHER of them. Actually, it can search almost any Worm you will be likely to use in this deck.

The third and final Worm monster I introduce is what I call the Boss Monster of worms. Every empire must have a king, and worms have one. A big one. One with an effect able to profit a lot from the massive plusses they obtain. Drum roll please...

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-WormKingSTOR-EN-SR-1E

If you need an explanation for his use, you really have no idea how good he is. First off, let's look at his ATK. 2700 runs over Shien, over any Gravekeeper, even boosted by Necrovalley, over any Elemental Hero ran in today's meta with the original attack. Want any more reasons to run him? Gravekeeper's Descendant made a bang when he hit the game, and this big guy is no less of a threat. Not only does it have the almost identical effect to Descendant, but it can tribute ITSELF for it. So you WILL destroy something on your opponent's field, even if it gets hit by Effect Veiler, Forbidden Chalice or Skill Drain.

Of course, Worm King is a Level 8 monster that can be Summoned at best with a single Tribute. But why Tribute monsters when you can Special Summon Worm King from the deck? And draw 1 to 4 cards in the process, while possibly searching for Worms in the deck and bouncing opposing cards? All that with the help of a single card? Some people may say it's impossible, others might say I've gone nuts. I have only one thing to say:

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-WNebulaMeteoriteEXVC-EN-C-1E

The very first thing that comes to any duelist's mind when viewing this card is a single, suggestive word: BROKEN! And indeed it is. Any Worm player not running three of these in his deck doesn't know what deck he's playing. This card abuses Yagan and Cartaros to their maximum capabilities. Also remember Yagan's condition of Special Summoning him via his effect? He gets removed from play when removed from the field. Not with this card. When Yagan is flipped face-down after being Special Summoned with his own effect, the condition disappears. The fact that this card is broken becomes more obvious when you think what you can do with two of these while running 2 Worm Kings. The possibilities of activating this card to disrupt the opponent's strategies are endless. I'll let you discover them, but for now, let's focus on something else.

II. Secondary Cards

Worms are here. The above 4 cards alone make that statement hard to deny. But you can't have a deck made out of only 4 cards. Which is why we run the following Worm support.

First, notice something amongst the Worms? They are all LIGHT attribute Reptile-type monsters. Let's take those one by one. Since they are LIGHT, it means there is a certain LIGHT support card we all love to use in Hero variants, don't we, Vongola? Very Happy

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-HonestSDLS-EN-C-1E

This card is great whether it's used to turn a duel around or for that final push for game. Also I can't say how many times I've used it's second effect to beat up my opponent after I cleared all his options and I haven't got anything but Spells and Traps to disrupt him even further.

We said Worms are Reptiles. Well here is a card that I call "Wormy Icarus":

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-OfferingtotheSnakeDeityPTDN-EN-R-1E

The only problem it has is the fact that it can't destroy my own face-down Reptile monster, so a simple Book Of Moon disrupts it, also the fact that W Nebula Meteorite flips most of my monsters face-down creates another obstacle for it. But all those are minor problems compared to what it can really do to your opponent.

And here comes the second Boss Monster of the Worms, a card that really needs no introduction:

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-EvilDragonAnantaPP02-EN-ScR-UE

Another plussing engine! If you have only 4 Worms in the graveyard, this card comes in with a power of 2400 ATK points! Not to mention the fact that it pops a card on the field every turn. During a recent Gladiator Beast match-up I summoned this card and turned the duel around using only it. No attacks, just the effect. The opponent simply got stunned at how easy this card wins games.

III. Techs

Here comes the interesting part. I will show you some of my personal techs that I use in my deck, just because I feel like it Very Happy

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-GenexAllyBirdmanHA04-EN-SR-1EIt's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-GenexAllyTriforceHA04-EN-ScR-1E
With the plusses Worms get, Birdman can be used to abuse the effects of cards like Worm Xex or even bounce Honest back to the hand after your opponent wasted an Effect Veiler to stop it from doing that(trust me, it's happened). Then, when you use one of the many Level 4 LIGHT monsters to go into Genex Ally Triforce, we start plussing. Big time. Really big. One card per turn at least big. If you get Triforce on the field the game is already half yours. It's a cool beatstick with an effect that provides Worm King fodder, W Nebula Meteorite Fodder or just a Monster Reborn in face-down Defense Position with legs.

It's a Wormy Business! Guide to the Worm Deck 300px-ThunderKingRai-OhYG02-EN-ScR-LE

Why him? Just the need for an extra LIGHT beater that disrupts opponents is a good reason for you? Synchros fear this guy, Dualities cower in hand before him, Gravekeeper's Commandant, Gateway of the Six, Dragon's Ravine, all fail in comparison to Thunder King Rai-Oh.

IV. Sample Decklist

3x Worm Cartaros
3x Worm Xex
3x Worm Yagan
2x Worm King
2x Evil Dragon Ananta
1x Genex Ally Birdman
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Honest

1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Book of Moon